Ito Tateyama Chiba "Shark Scramble" is one of the hottest topics for the Japan region diving scene for a few years. Kan the Diving Shop owner of "Bommie" (Which is the only resort Diving shop for this Diving spot) started this Diving shop after a request from the local fisherman to pull away the Japanese banded hound sharks which was damaging the fishing nets of this region.
From the conservation side of this request, and also Kan's dream to make the "one and only" diving spot in Japan, he started from scrach, feeding the sharks away from the fishing sites. It took him 5 years to make his deram come true.
Now the sharks, still in it's wild habitat, stays away from the fising nets, and are the center of attemtion from divers all around the globe.
*There are City resort diving shops visiting Bommie, so check your local diving shops.
Booking & Pay Method
- Direct Shop Booking
Please include the date you would like to dive with us in the booking form below,
Please add the date you want on the first line : example “Dive booking 6/9/2017”
Also please let us know the following information.
2. Date of birth
3. What country are you citizen of? If you are currently living in Japan, what is your address and zip code?
4. Your phone number
5. Your diving experience level, Cert Co. (PADI, NAUI, SSI…) Total dive number.
6. When was your most recent dive? Where was it?
7. Do you have any prior boat diving experience?
8. Let us know if you have any concerns or need special accommodations.
9. How many dives do you want? (2 boat or 3 boat?)
10. If you require rental equipment, what do you need?
Let us know the exact sizes (height and body weight, feet size, eyesight)
11. What form of transportation you will use to get to Bommie? (For example; car, train or bus?)
Let us know if you need a pick up.
If you are driving to Bommie, how many cars your group will be using?
12. Is this your first time diving with us? How did you find out about Bommie?
13.Are you maintaining good mental and physical fitness for diving?
14.Do you have any medication?
(note)You need to consult with your doctor if 14 is YES.
We will supply you with an RSTC Medical Statement and Guidelines for Recreational Scuba Diver’s Physical Examination to take to your physician. So please have it ready before your intended diving date.
1) the diving location is only 5min away from the dock. You are required to suit up and be ready to dive when boarding the diving boat.
2) The Boat will return to the dock after every dive.
3) The diving time is 35min with compulsory 5m 3min safety stop. (This is due to the depth of the point. Average 20m)
(Note: For safety reason, you may be required to finish diving early and without your safety stop. Please strictly follow your guides lead)
4) Depending on the wind and tide conditions on the day of diving, diving may be cancelled on the day or before your booked diving date. Please note that there will be no other options offered to you. The weather conditions in the winter season may be unpredictable.
Check list before booking. Please let us know if you answer “no” to any of the questions below.
・Have you ever dove over 20m ?
・Do you have boat diving experience ?
・Are you able to recover your regulator and also remove & replace your mask without any issues underwater?
・Depending on the day, you may encounter very strong currents when descending and ascending to and from the diving point. Are you both mentally and physically prepared for this kind of diving?
(You will not get swept away by any currents as long as you don’t let go of the drift line when entering and the descent line when descending, but please note that you will experience yourself going against the current.)
・Hound sharks may swim between you and your regulator and cause you to let go of your regulator from your mouth. We require you to calmly recover your regulator by yourself.
・Red stingrays may pull on your mask straps and your mask may come off during diving. We require you to calmly recover and replace your mask by yourself.
*10% consumption tax will be charged separately
*There is no beach dive
*Due to the depts of the diving area, there are no options to dive more than 3 Dives.
*There is no night diving
Upon booking, we will advise you your booked Boat departure time. Please check in at the diving shop at least 1 hour before your booked boat time.
(Please note that we may ask you to change your booked boat time on the day of diving)
There are no dry suits rentals.
10% consumption tax will be charged separately
Cash (JPY) Only. We’re sorry, we don’t take a credit card.